It’s Gender Equality Week in Canada, September 21-25. At SCIC, we are inspired by the vision of a gender-equal society and the benefits of advancing gender equality for women, men and people of all gender identities. When we make progress towards gender equality, #EveryoneBenefits!
Now in its third year, Gender Equality Week highlights and brings awareness to the inequalities experienced by women, men and people of all gender identities. It also celebrates Canada's accomplishments and advances to date.
Gender Equality Week is the result of Bill C-309, the Gender Equality Week Act. This legislation designates the fourth week in September as Gender Equality Week.
Show us, through a photograph, what gender equality means to you. Then in 250 words or less tell us why this photo is a representation of gender equality.
Rules & Guidelines:
- The contest is open to youth (age 18-35) and teachers.
- The contest is limited to youth and teachers who identify Saskatchewan as home.
- Submission must be in the form of a photograph and a maximum 250-word statement.
- Only one submission per contestant.
- Each submission must be original and previously unpublished. It must also be the sole work of the contestant.
- Your submission should take into account SCIC’s Value Statement: We are committed to the recognition of the dignity of all people and their right to self-determination, to the protection of the world’s fragile environment, to the equitable distribution of power, and to the promotion of global understanding, cooperation, peace and justice through mutual learning, partnership, transparency and solidarity.
- The top contestant in each category will receive a highly coveted Global Justice Toolkit.
The top 3 contestants from each category will have their submission published on the SCIC website and social media.
Send your submission to SCIC’s Youth Program Coordinator, Tatenda, at firstname.lastname@example.org
*** All entries must be submitted by Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020 at 5pm (CST) ***