Storytelling has the power to connect us and to highlight what unites us as people while honouring our diversity. Our lives are interconnected in countless ways on this one shared planet. Now more than ever, we are faced with an opportunity to re-envision our collective future, to look deeper, to understand what truly connects us around the globe, and look to build something new.
The “Re-envision Our World” Essay Contest challenges you to inspire others using the power of research and storytelling to add your voice to a global movement of people working to create lasting social and environmental change in their communities post-pandemic.
In an essay format, share how you would “Re-envision Our World: A Global to Local Vision for Life After the Pandemic” at this moment in time.
Rules & Guidelines:
- The contest is open to youth between the ages of 18-35.
- The contest is limited to youth who identify Saskatchewan as home.
- Written submissions should be no more than 1,500 words.
- Submissions can be academic or research-based.
- Only one submission per contestant. However, you can also enter the “Reimagine Creative Contest.”
- Each submission must be original and previously unpublished. It must also be the sole work of the contestant.
- Your submission should take into account SCIC’s Value Statement: We are committed to the recognition of the dignity of all people and their right to self-determination, to the protection of the world’s fragile environment, to the equitable distribution of power, and to the promotion of global understanding, cooperation, peace and justice through mutual learning, partnership, transparency and solidarity.
- Eligible entries will be judged by members of SCIC Staff.
- The top contestant will receive a $200 Cash-Card Prize and the top 3 will have their submissions published on the SCIC website.
Ready to send everything? Send your submission to SCIC’s Youth Program Coordinator, Tatenda, at email@example.com
Include your full name in the Subject Line so we can keep track of your submission.
*** All entries must be submitted by Monday, June 15, 2020 at 5pm (CST) ***