ABOUT THIS EVENT
Generating Momentum (Gen Mo) is an activist leadership training camp for youth between the ages of 18-35. The camp is focused on educating, training, and organizing around social and environmental justice issues, and giving youth the tools to create meaningful change in their communities. The camp explores the interconnectedness of social, economic, ecological, or global justice issues.
Due to the global pandemic, Gen Mo has since taken several iterations, and Generating Momentum - Take Action Edition is the edition where we come together in teams, learn, mobilize resources, receive mentorship and take tangible action in our communities.
IMPORTANT Registration Information
- Registration is limited to a maximum of 12 youth.
- There are 3 teams with each team having up to 4 people.
- The teams represent 3 themes:
- Anti-racism / anti-oppression
- Climate action
- Mental health in activism
- ONLY register if you are able to commit to attending workshops on Friday, February 18, AND Saturday, February 19.
- ONLY register if you are willing to work in a team setting with 3 other youth to carry out some sort of community campaign/project based on one of the themes above, from Feb. 21 to Mar. 14, 2022.
To Register CLICK HERE. For any questions please email: [email protected]
REGISTRATION IS LIMITED! Register EARLY! The deadline to register is Wednesday, February 16.
Meet Your 2022 Facilitator-Mentors