Thank you for your interest in becoming an organizational member of the Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation. As a member of SCIC, you will be a part of a vibrant network of organizations and individuals dedicated to global understanding, cooperation, peace, and justice. Collectively, we work together to connect people to the information and ideas they need to be great global citizens. We help people take meaningful action for a more just and sustainable world.
Membership in SCIC gives you access to a community of international development, humanitarian relief, and public engagement practitioners with whom you can share ideas and opportunities. You will share in SCIC’s purpose of building awareness, connections, capacity, and momentum among members and the general public. We do this through networking and collaboration, communication, public engagement, skills development, and peer learning, as well as representation at the local, national, and international level.
Please fill out and submit our online form application form at this link:
- Access to a network of organizations and individuals to share knowledge, skills, and new collaboration opportunities
- Promotion for your organization through SCIC’s extensive communications network, including our social media platforms, website, and newsletters, as well as the opportunity to learn about like-minded organizations, their projects, and events
- Access to coaching by SCIC staff to enhance your public engagement efforts
- Invitations to SCIC’s Global Citizens Galas, Annual General Meetings, and other member networking events
- Build capacity through preferred access to SCIC professional development opportunities, training programs, and other SCIC resources
- Increase your organizational capacity through access to policy development support and media exposure
- Participate in the governance of SCIC by serving on the Board of Directors; Help set SCIC’s priorities and strategic direction and put forward resolutions on matters of importance
- Be represented at the provincial, national, and international levels through the Inter-Council Network and Cooperation Canada
- Receive topical and timely information about global issues and the global justice sector
- Increase the strength and leverage of our collective efforts in working for sustainable local and global development
Membership in the Council represents a commitment to undertaking international or community development, global justice, and/or environmental justice education programming and initiatives in Saskatchewan. Additionally, SCIC expects members to have a genuine, organized Saskatchewan base that can participate in and support the work of the council and the global justice network in Saskatchewan.
Applicants for Organizational Membership are eligible if they are one of the following:
- A non-profit organization registered in Saskatchewan
- A non-profit or charitable organization registered in Canada and working in Saskatchewan
- A Saskatchewan-based organization, union, group, coalition, institution, or private-sector enterprise
- A Saskatchewan-based academic entity or research center affiliated with a recognized Saskatchewan College, University, or School District
Questions about membership with SCIC - Contact us at [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in the Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation!